Tik talk: Musically now rebranded as Tik Tok is one of the most commercial and widely accepted applications with a user of 200 million registered people was launched in 2017 for the market outside China.
It is basically an application which offers you a chance to make small unique videos and share it with your peer group and with the global audience.
It enables you to use your creativity in the best possible way you desire to.
You will be surprised to know that 66 million users active on TikTok and 13 million new videos are being uploaded every day.
By 2018, TikTok was available in more than 150 markets and in 75 languages.
According to the statistics published by Sensor Tower, this application was downloaded more than 104 million times from Apple’s App Store and has transcended other social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube in becoming the most downloaded iOS application.
- You can create short videos through TikTok featuring music or dialogues in the background of your choice.
- Video so made is open to certain additional editing by the user where he can speed up, and slow down the speed. \
- You will also get many filters to enhance the final video before posting 15 seconds long video on the platform provided.
- You can also do “duet” with any person you want where you and your partner will be given an equal share in the screen.
- TikTok is just like another social media platform which allows you to manage your account.
- Keep it public or private as you want to.
- You can also select who can react to your shared videos and can manage your messages as well.
- We should be at least 18 years of age to enjoy the TikTok but you can see many underage accounts on the application.
- Once you have created your account, you can’t delete it permanently.
- The least you can do is remove the application from your device as the videos will always be there in TikTok’s database.
- TikTok has born the allegation of promoting sexual content and pornographic content and many voices came together demanding the ban on the application.
Read More –
Responding to the application, Madras High court passed an interim ban on TikTok and directed media not to promote and broadcast the videos on various platforms.
Court also directed the government to forbid downloading the application on the mobile.
However, the ban was canceled a few days later and now you can download the application through the Play Store and Apple Store.
The use of the application must be done keeping the privacy, ethics, morals, and safety in mind.
The application was developed with an objective of providing a platform to the young talent to showcase what they have but unfortunately, people are exploiting and bullying each other in many ways which definitely needs to be addressed carefully.
Strict actions should be taken so that the purpose of showcasing the talent and maintaining privacy, safety, morals, and ethics can go hand in hand.